OPERATIONAL AGREEMENTS AND COUNSELING
Santoyo Moore Wehmeyer P.C. regularly assists and counsels both privately owned and publicly traded oil and gas operators with all aspects of the day-to-day management of their upstream oil and gas lease operations, including working with clients to identify and avoid potential problems in their upstream oil and gas assets.
Santoyo Moore Wehmeyer P.C.’s oil and gas transactional practice spans the state of Texas, with particular concentration in South Texas and the Eagle Ford Shale, West Texas and the Permian Basin and East Texas.
Santoyo Moore Wehmeyer P.C.’s extensive knowledge of real property and oil and gas law makes the Firm a trusted advisor in matters of leasing, lease management, compliance with drilling schedules and responding to operational matters. The Firm’s wide areas of expertise in title examination, due diligence and oil and gas litigation inform and support the Firm’s responsive and thorough upstream oil and gas transactional practice.
Santoyo Moore Wehmeyer P.C.’s transactional practice is headed by Katy Pier Moore, who spent the first nine years of her practice at a large law firm. A representative list of areas of experience includes:
- Oil and gas leases
- Lease compliance counseling
- Division order and royalty payment counseling
- Participation agreements
- Farmout agreements
- Areas of mutual interest (AMIs)
- Joint operating agreements, including the model forms
- Pooling instruments
- Dissolution and reformation of units
- Community lease and communitization issues
- Production and royalty allocation and sharing agreements
- Master service agreements
- Drilling contracts, including IADC forms
- COPAS and royalty audits
- Rights of way, pipeline and utility easements
- Access and surface use agreements